John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag Bravos XL Dryer. The Start Button has always

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos XL Dryer. The Start Button has always need finicky. It usually takes several pushes before it starts. Now it won't start at all. The timer is flashing a number. I can switch between cycle types; I've checked the lint screen and the red light is off. I have also pressed the door hard while pressing the start button. Nothing seems to be working.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The dryer had just been working before this problem occurred.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It will be located on a sticker just inside the door way. Also when you press start does the dryer beep back at you or do you get no response at all?