Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GLDT690TBB dishwasher: we replaced the control assembly

Customer Question

GLDT690TBB dishwasher: we replaced the control assembly #wd21x10389 and still does not work. Green power indicator light comes on but no other functions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do the buttons all work though?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No buttons work. The green power on led lights up and it beeps once when power is turned on but nothing else. The power indicator stays lit. We tried the factory reboot procedure (turn on power, hold delay button, press on/off) nothing happened. Could it be latch related?

They had a ton of issues with the door latch circuit, I would bet from what you are saying the door latch is not working and the board thinks the door is not closed. That is very common

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We ordered a new latch mechanism. I'll let you know if that worked after we install the part. Thank you for your help.

ok great! all I ask is please rate my service though at some point or I will go uncredited thanks