Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

ZERO tech please: 700 BR- serial number M1143622 Blt 10-94

Customer Question

For SUB ZERO tech please: 700 BR- serial number M1143622 Blt 10-94
700 R- s
700 BR- serial number M1143622 Blt 10-94
700 R- sHello, I have two sub zero's. I am very good about taking my compressor and blowing out and keeping filter things clean. About a year ago, my freezer stopped going to 0 and averaged between 5-20 degrees depending upon the outside temperature. I finally got enough money to get a guy to take a look at it. He recharged the freon and it started making a loud vibrating noise. I turn off the freezer and when I turn it back on, it is quiet then starts again. Sometimes the noise is at a 10 level but most of the time, 95%, it is at a 7 out of 10. I can now hear my freezer form my upstairs bedroom. I called the repairman suggesting he left something loose that's vibrating. He is now saying it may be something else and I can hear the $$$ ringing in his head. It freezes perfectly now but ths noise is driving me crazy. what can it be? I have video of the noise but don't know how to send to you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hit appliance for type of expert and it's showing up electrical. Please forward to appropriate expert. thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The noise is likely a fan issue, either with the condenser fan at the top by the compressor or the fans inside. Can you tell from what area the noise comes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
may I ask if you're familiar with my model? The condenser is at the bottom.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HI Kelly,I remember we worked before but forgive my bluntness, but may I ask if you are familiar with my subzero model? the condenser is located at the bottom. I REALLY need an expert who is intimately familiar with this model, so if you are not, could you please refer to another expert?I also have two videos of the different sounds it is making. I offered in my last message to you to send that you you could hear first hand the found rather than guessing. And yes, I know EXACTLY where the noise is coming from. The bottom left side.Also something to pass on to your webmaster. You answer on my desktop is illegible. My question to you is clear. Your answer is all blurry. I had to go to my cell phone to read your answer. I am happy to send a photo of it to whoever is responsible for repairing this sort of issue.Thanks