John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Kenmore suddenly stopped

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore suddenly stopped working and made a humming noise. It also has displayed a message in the message window that say -F6-
what does this mean
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

The f6 error code means you have a problem with the door latch assembly. First, unplug the power cord for 30 minutes to see if the control board will reset its program, and function properly. If it doesn't, please send me the model number, so I can find parts information for you.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click on the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.