Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch SilencePlus 50 dBA with e24 error. When-year-old

Customer Question

Bosch SilencePlus 50 dBA with e24 error. When-year-old machine used staring Larry, hard waterhousehold. Called manufacturer and also watched YouTube videos on how to clean and care for machine and have done all suggestions. Dishes still are not clean.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Correction: one year old machine. Used sparingly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good morning, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So E24 is a drain error. It means that the dishwasher isn't draining out in an adequate time which it sounds like is true since the dishes aren't coming out clean. Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok will try this. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

No problem and good luck!