Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a GE refrigerator, model PYE22PSHFSS, and have

Customer Question

We have a GE refrigerator, model PYE22PSHFSS, and have already replaced the water filter once even though the refrigerator is less than one year old. The indicator on the front says the water filter needs to be replaced again and I've been told that this filter system is on a 6 month timer. Now, neither the water or ice dispensers are working. Can you tell me what to do to reset the system so we can use it again. I don't feel the water filter needs to be replaced already.Thank you,Dan Casmey
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Lets start simple, try to unplug the unit for a full minute and then plug it back in and see if it works, let me know and we can go from there.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.