Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore refridge kicks circuit breaker. Evap fan is

Customer Question

kenmore refridge kicks circuit breaker. Evap fan is working.(noisy) Coils are a little dirty. Freezer side was working. Not 100%. Fridge side was a little cool.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If it is popping the circuit breaker right away you would have a short somewhere on the unit or something drawing too much current, try it on another outlet with an extension cord to rule out a breaker or outlet issue, let me know what happens.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

This is a NEW house. We have only lived here 6 months. It is not kicking breaker right away. Different times

Can you plug it into a extension cord into a different circuit just to confirm it pops another breaker?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Pops that circuit too. Just checked and It feels like the fan has alot of play. Bearings are bad. It was making noise

OK yes if the fan is that bad something could short in the winding and pop the breaker for sure, I would replace that and I think based on the issue that will solve the problem. You can order it from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model number.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I replaced noisy fan. It still kicks breaker. Usually within 5 minutes.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

You need to check the current draw on the unit with a amp meter to see what it is drawing.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!