John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a cabrio platinum washer that the lid won't open all

Customer Question

I have a cabrio platinum washer that the lid won't open all the way
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the lid only opens a little more that half way. If feels like its caught but i don't want to force it and break something
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. This is not a common problem but it sounds like something is stuck on the hinge or the hinge is broken. Can you move the tub back and forth? If it is clothing stuck it may release or use a flashlight to see if clothing is stuck at the top. I will need the model number if this does not help.