John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a D5 error code on my Amana front load washer. What

Customer Question

I have a D5 error code on my Amana front load washer. What could be the problem?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Washing machine will not agitate rinse or spin. Smells like the motor was burning
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Was working fine just stopped all of a sudden
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

The d5 error code means the door lock has failed, and will need to be replaced. If you'll please send me the full model number, I'll find the part number for you. Thank you.