Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a kenmore elite with cold water in the door I have

Customer Question

I have a kenmore elite with cold water in the door
I have changed tubing twice several filters and I get this stuff locating in the water
I do not have that problem with water anywhere else.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not sure what I signed up for
Are you working on this
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You said they were standing by
Not an answer within a day
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Are you getting the white floaty pieces in the water?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Onlythe water indispencer

OK that is actually bacteria in the water line or calcium carbonate, the issue is the filter systems filter too much good bacteria out and the result often are those floaters. Remove the filter and flush it without the filter for a bit and that will clear right up, then you can reinstall a new filter, the problem will likely return but that happens a lot on these units.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
had to go to work sorry for delay

No problem

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ran about a gallon of water after removing filter
Still floating in water
If I leave in a glass they are still there after water evaporates
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It clogs up my kurig

You may have Calcium Carbonate in the water, see if you get that if you remove the water supply fro the unit and fill up a glass.