Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung RF263AEWP. I am getting all 8s on the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RF263AEWP. I am getting all 8s on the display with the top segment of the furthest right 8 blinking. Can you tell me what error code that is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

The error code indicates that there's an ice build up in the evaporator coil at the rear of the freezer section. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to melt the ice. Remove the power by unplugging the power cord or switching the breaker off for 39 minutes, to allow the control board to reset its program , and function properly.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid until you rate my service to you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took the cover off the coil at the rear of the freezer and didn't see a buildup. I took a hair dryer to it anyway for about 15 minutes and a small amount of water pooled in the bottom, but I am not sure where it came from. I will plug it back in in another 5 minutes which will be 40 minutes downtime. I will let you know if it resets or not.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I plugged the fridge back in. The same status on the 8s. Is there a reset required for the error message? The fridge is running by the way.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At this time, about 1 hour after plug in, the error code is now top segment and lower left segment flashing on the right hand eight.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did some further investigation on my own and found a few different error code lists that say that the first error message was due to an open or short circuit in the I/M. The second error message is the ice tray has not returned to level after 3 tries. I am not sure why after having removed the I/M about 4 months ago because it wasn't working that the error codes just showed up now. When I put the I/M in the first error code disappeared and the second remained. I am sure that is because it has not reset. Bot***** *****ne I am not going to pay for the advice that was in error and I will forego rating it.
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

OK. Thank you. I'll opt out, so other experts can respond to your request.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That model has a failure code display, see the attached page. What error codes are you able to retrieve from the control?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly,What you sent me (*.jpg) does not relate to my model at all. The panel I have is completely different and the error codes are based on which segment of each display is blinking. Thru my own investigation I have determined the ice maker is bad and I have ordered a new one to replace it. I will not need any assistance going forward. I am going to request a refund of my money from the Just Answer site as I have not received any helpful advice. Sorry, but thanks.