Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Subzero 700BR is not cooling. When colder button pressed it

Customer Question

Subzero 700BR is not cooling. When colder button pressed it doesn't reduce temp, just displays current temp, sitting between 49 earlier & 55 now. I vacuumed the condenser, it had a lot of lint. I turned off for 20 minutes then on. Has dropped from 57 to 55, home temp is 79.
I read the other 700BR (2005)question and answer to help me. I can hear the fan, so wondering if condenser needs a recharge??
Is the control panel supposed to display a lower temp when colder is pressed, or continue to display current temp?
I have tried turning off power again for 5 minutes, to see if control board will reset. Is the control board under the panel display? If not where is it located?
Connie D in California
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Connie, based on the unit the age and the issue I would say 99% that the unit is low on freon based on those temps. You should get a tech out ASAP as the compressor is likely running too much and you could damage it if you let it run like that too long. It will be repairable though and worth fixing for sure.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!