Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I own a Bosch HBL 645 electric oven which needs calibrated.

Customer Question

I own a Bosch HBL 645 electric oven which needs calibrated. How do I go about calibrating the offset? I thought there might be an adjustment behind the know but it doesn't look like it. The oven is running about 40 degrees hotter than the knob shows.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Can you get me the complete number off the model tag on the unit?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HBL 645 A UC

I checked the manual and the service manual and it does not list any adjustment for that model. Here is a link for you to see how to check the sensors though and find the bad one.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for researching. This doesn't really help though.

Yes it really does, there is no offset to adjust on it, that is a link to the PDF for the sensors to check at the temps...I can not supply you information that does not exist and the fact that you now know there is no offset adjustment means you have a bad sensor or board reading the sensor....this is very valuable information and typically I never even would give out a PDF file like that to a customer for this reason. You will find out how valuable my assistance was.