John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Trying to troubleshoot a repair GE Profile Advantium 120

Customer Question

Trying to troubleshoot a repair for my GE Profile Advantium 120 micro/convection. It is 8 years old, and yesterday i thought I noticed a flash of light in the area of the microwave. The microwave wasn't in use, I just thought it was a passing car reflecting light into the kitchen. I later noticed the microwave was completely dead. My husband and I removed it from the wall, unplugged it and he checked the fuses he found on the side panels. They seem fine. He left to run some errands, and I thought I'd google around to see if others had a similar problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

So the unit is totally dead no display correct?