Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have LG Refrigerator, the ice maker depenser will shut off

Customer Question

I have LG Refrigerator, the ice maker depenser will shut off and will give ice and the water will not work what do I need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If the dispenser will not dispense water see if the switch is clicking on the dispenser when pressed. If it is you likely have a failed water valve on the unit, there is a dual valve one is for ice and the other is for water.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!