Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

When I push the 'normal' cycle it goes to the auto clean

Customer Question

When I push the 'normal' cycle it goes to the auto clean cycle and has the 2 hr delay light on. It sometimes will work and sometimes not.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The only button that works part of the time is what I explained before. None of the other cycle buttons will make the washer start.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub or on the right side of the door and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that number is ***** it's the model so I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry the MOD is MDB7749SBBO
SER - P30302783
Type - 577-1
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!