Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, my front loader HE 2t washer displays on the knob,

Customer Question

Hi Tyler, my front loader HE 2t washer displays on the knob, either sd or 5d. I'm not sure which one it is, when the washer stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. The error you're seeing is Sd and it stands for suds. What it means is that your washer isn't draining properly and so it thinks there are too many suds inside the washer. If you don't have too many suds inside the washer, then you need to check your drain catch and clean out any debris you find inside. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Now if you look through the front door and there are way too many suds inside, you need to wait for the suds to go down and then open the door, remove the clothes and spray PAM or something inside to cut away the suds. Finish running the cycle and make sure you're using HE detergent or change to a different HE detergent if it's creating too many suds.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.