Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I purchased my Washer in 12-2014. Model # W10550271B . I

Customer Question

I purchased my Washer in 12-2014. Model # ***** . I cannot clear the error code dU, There is nothing under the lid and I cannot see anything by the Lid latch. The only thing that keeps the machine from beeping continuously is to unplug the machine. Is there a way to clear this error message?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

This is not an error you can just reset I'm afraid to say. dU means that the latch is failing to unlock properly which is why the error occurs. In the mean time you'll need to unplug the washer, but the latch will need to be replaced before you can use the washer again. Now the number you have listed isn't actually the model number, it's a part number. The model will be located below the lid down by the hinge like in the picture I attached below. Once you have that you can look up the exact lid latch you need for your model number but I believe you need the one in the link below. Also at the bottom of the link is a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for latch and video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.