RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

I have a Dometic RM1350 refrigerator that is not operating

Customer Question

I have a Dometic RM1350 refrigerator that is not operating properly. The freezer is cold and all food is frozen but the refrigerator will not cool below 55 degrees. I have tried to switch it from Auto to LP and that doesn't help either. Any ideas as to what may be causing my problem? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This could be the cooling unit, thermistor or if you model has fans and the fans are not coming on. To start on this I would test the thermistor, it sits inside the fridge near the back, you put that end into a cup of ice water and then go to the circuit board, unplug the the thermistor and take an ohm reading, click HERE and see page 19. Also the cooling unit could be at fault, the freezer will always get cold long before the box will so it is possible to have an issue with the cooling unit with the freezer still working. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a blockage you would not have any symptoms at all but no cooling in the box on both AC and LP.

IF your model has fans they should be coming on as well. On page 25 of the manual it will show the fans want to make sure they are coming.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 6 months ago.

HI I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know....

Robert