Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Dryer Md# MDG5500AWW Ser# 62760432CN. The

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dryer Md# ***** Ser# ***** The display light, but none of the buttons will work. If I unplug it and wait a bit and plug it back in it will work. Is this a control board issue? If so is that something an advanced DIY'er can repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is a control board issue if unplugging the dryer resets the issue---if the touchpad was bad it wouldn't reset from unplugging it. The part number you'd need to order is 33003028 and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Other than that, if you're handy you can definitely replace the part yourself. Just unplug the dryer, remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel and remove the control panel. The board is just held in by 4 screws (one in each corner). Then unplug the wire connections and the ribbon cable between the touchpad and control board and install the new board. Takes about 20-30 minutes.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.