Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The control panel keeps going out but if I press the freezer

Customer Question

The control panel keeps going out but if I press the freezer button and hold it for 3 seconds it comes back on. It just started doing this a couple days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. Unfortunately you either have a faulty touch control panel or a bad display control board. On this model they are built into 1 assembly so it doesn't matter which one has failed. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If the issue comes back, there is nothing you can do but replace the control panel which is part number ACQ87466901 and costs about $175.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.