Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cannot remove bleach cup to loosen agitator to get a piece

Customer Question

Cannot remove bleach cup to loosen agitator to get a piece of clothing out from between the agitator and the drum.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the good new is you don't need to remove the bleach cut to loosen the agitator. These agitators are actually very difficult to remove. They are only held on by friction, but they do just pull straight up. GE has a tool which is similar to a bicycle inner tube which slides under the agitator and inflates to push the agitator up and off. Since you don't have that tool, you would likely need 2 people to just grab under the bottom of the agitator and pull up really hard.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.