John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

The refrigerator won't cool down, the freezer is working

Customer Question

The refrigerator won't cool down, the freezer is working fine. The model number is ***** and serial number is ***** Two questions 1) is it still under warranty? 2) is there anything I can do to fix it?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

The warranty is for one year after taking delivery. First, inspect the condenser coil radiator fins, to see if there's a layer of dust and lint blocking the air flow through it. If there is, vacuum it off with a ShopVac, and give the fridge 1 to 2 hours to cool down and stabilize. If this does not solve the problem, please let me know, and we'll pursue other solutions.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.