Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Our GE Profile fridge is not running all the time but the

Customer Question

Our GE Profile fridge is not running all the time but the food section is super cold. All the items in the fresh food drawers and shelves are frozen. It would not adjust no matter what we tried. Fridge temp running 28'. Freezer temp Set for -2 and staying there freezing ice ok he likes the ice cream soft. Any ideas? What the issue could be? Appreciate any help. We purchased a thermistor and a defrost thermostat. I see there are more than one thermistor if that could need changed. Thanks Deb
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The most common issue to cause that problem is a broken damper, the door breaks that stops airflow to the freezer and then it can not stop the cold air from entering the refrigerator when it is at temp. That was very common on the Artica units, it is fixable and the damper assembly runs about $150 for most of the units.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!