John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE top load model GTWN4250D2WS washing machine that

Customer Question

I have a GE top load model GTWN4250D2WS washing machine that does not fill enough water. How do I over ride the factory settings.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: From the very first time I used the machine, it hardly used any water, same problem now. I usually just pour more water into the machine but that is time consuming and maddening. I know the factory setting can be over ridden, so please let me know how to do that.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Yes, I tried to do a very small white load using the hot setting and there was barely a trickle of water coming out, and the water wasn't hot even though it was hot in the sink next to the machine. I gave up and changed the setting and ended up putting dingy clothing in the drawers.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

How little water is it filling with?