John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am an man older and trying to use my over in my newer home

Customer Question

I am an man older and trying to use my over in my newer home for the first time and like an idiot got it in loc mode - I am able to get it to say clear but it will not allow bake
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help. I will need to know the brand and model number because there are may different ways to unlock the controls.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
whirlpool - there is no model # ***** burner
I need to get a hold of my bank right away to block this charge report this scam
I looked up the user manual and did what it said and get the CLR but it does not allow anything else
cal me at(###) ###-####NOW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
24 hours my azz
call me now
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag is on the frame behind the drawer on the bottom. It will look like ABC123DEF01. I will need that number to be able to look up the control on your model, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
XFE361LVB
did I get billed for the $24 call
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Your phone call has not been accepted by anyone, so no, it has not been processed. Thank you for the model number. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you understand - I am able to get it to day CLR but no controls work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
say not day
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Let's try something. Can you please press and hold the START button on the keypad and then tell me if the Loc goes away? If it does, please press the bake button and then start and see what happens.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just simply want to bake something now - I HATE eclectric
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I agree, it is way too confusing with these new controls!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
let me say this againyou understand - I am able to get it to say CLR but no controls workI will do as you ask
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Correct, but we need to see what that START button does, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO
if I hit cancel the time shoe when I hit start CLR appears
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
shows not shoe
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Okay, is Loc showing on the display now? You

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no CLR
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hang in there, we're gonna get this figured out! If you press cancel, does it just go back to time showing?

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Once just the time is showing on the display, you have to select the mode (BAKE, BROIL, ETC) and then press START.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
why don't you call then I can stand in the kitchen instead of going back and forth to the office(###) ###-####
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

That phone charge will go through then, is that okay?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
come on man I have done computer systems for 45 years - I tried all of that - I t5old you nothing is function once time shoes - oh CLR shows if I push the right button
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
GD it yes
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I am not able to help you. Your hostility is something I can't work with, good luck to you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
another words you could not help - what hostility this site is a joke
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I am able to help, but the way you treat those that are trying to help you is not appealing. Take care.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Sir I am a different tech Appliance Guru, can I help you ?