Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 2003 Sharp Convection Microwave and the lower

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Sharp Convection Microwave and the lower plastic door latch broke off - is it fixable?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Yes it is fixable as long as they make the part for it you can call GLOBAL MICRO PARTS at this number and see if they still can get you the handle, they are the only ones that really handle Sharp parts.

972 -241-9470

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is not a bro***** *****dle; it is a broken latch. No help, no pay, no recommendation unless you can do better...

What is the complete model off the unit and can you take it apart??

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
R-930CS; I am writing to ask you if it is fixable - you should know if it can be disassembled and fixed - that is why I am on this site
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No better - no recommendation, no answer, no money, no satisfaction

I am asking you if you are able to take it apart, of course the unit can be taken apart and repaired!!!...You keep coming back with with remarks that are fairly rude and indicate I will never satisfy you. Take care and I will let another expert assist.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The door latch is part of the door assembly, SHOWN below. However, it is showing as no longer available. Replace the microwave.

CLICK HERE