Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Whirlpool gas range has a code of F2 on clock and oven

Customer Question

whirlpool gas range has a code of F2 on clock and oven timer. Cannot use oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a temperature sensor code, meaning the temperature sensor in the oven has gone out of range. You would need to check the temperature sensor on the unit with an ohm meter for 1080 ohm +-10% with an ohm meter. If that is good and the wiring to the sensor is good then the clock control is bad and will need to be replaced. You can order the correct one from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model number as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!