Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Question about installing dishwasher with no existing

Customer Question

question about installing dishwasher with no existing cabinet...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What question do you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

hi

i want to install a dishwasher in a mobile home and it doesnt have the cabinet made for it, are these items something that is sold at a home improvement store?

No you would have just have 24" of space between two cabinets to put a dishwasher in.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

yes i have the space but i wanted something around it for appearance like a cabinet for it to slide in with a countertop

You can get a cabinet side panel at a Home Depot or a end cabinet.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

im speaking of two sides and a top, anything available like this?

Are you talking about actual sides and a top for the dishwasher? If so you would need to purchase a portable unit as that would have sides and a top.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

no im talking about a cabinet with sides and a top that i could slide the dishwasher in

That would be something you would have to have made by a carpenter, they sell nothing like that to purchase. Here is a video of how to make one though.

CLICK HERE