John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our dryer will not start the cycle. Lights come on but when

Customer Question

Our dryer will not start the cycle. Lights come on but when I push the temp control button it does not start the cycle
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Thats all there is to the problem
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Kelly. My name is***** # ***** ***** When we press the Power on/off button the lights come on and we select the cycle with the Cycle selector know. When we press the Start/Pause button the dryer does not always come on. Some times it starts and some times it does not start.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

On the times it does not start, do you hear the control panel click, even though it does not start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a good thing I'm not lost in the desert asking for directions to the nearest water fountain! If you are going to do this service you need to provide prompt correct service. I am canceling this service request and going the old fashioned route and asking for a qualified reliable repair person to come and fix the problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You are hours in between response time to my replies. I have no way of knowing when you are going to reply and don't sit at my computer 24/7. Take care.