Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kitchenaid KFIS25XVMS1 serial KY3023632. Control panel on

Customer Question

Kitchenaid KFIS25XVMS1 serial KY3023632. Control panel on door has no display. The touch pad will cause the "backlight" to come on but no information is displayed. Buttons not associated with the control screen seem to work fine. The ice maker has also stopped making ice. The auger will run but there is no ice to deliver. I have no idea if the problems are related. Ice maker switch and limit bar are in the run positions and there are no cube jams.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Unplug the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to reset the electronics, please. Any change when it is plugged back in?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good place to start but there was no change when it was plugged back in after the 15 minute rest.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Can you post the serial number, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Serial nr: KY3023632
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The main control on the back of the cabinet will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is the Main Control board likely to also be the source of the ice maker issue?
Do I need any special instructions for the board replacement?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

It is likely related to the ice maker not getting energized, yes. The board is easy to replace, it will simply unplug and plug in.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Kelly,.. The part is on order and should be here on 6/2. I'll provide a rating after installation. Thanks for your help and I have every confidence that you've sent me on the right track. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.