Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

The battery that I'm having issues with is in a professional

Customer Question

The battery that I'm having issues with is in a professional carpet cleaning machine the terminals were accidentally hooked up in Reverse - the battery charger it was then charged for 2 days at 25 amps. When I tryto start the machine the starter would barely kick the Bendix in! After realizing that this had been hooked up incorrectly attempted to change the the cables and put them on the correct terminals it sparked similar to how it would by connecting to the wrong terminals. I think I have a full charge on the battery only in reverse polarity now I'd like to know how to change it back any help would be greatly appreciated thank you Terry
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: It's a Powermatic carpet cleaning machine will a 23 horse Kohler motor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet my first move I'm hoping to drain the battery of its current charge and then try recharging it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No I don't think so that should do it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Approximately how old is the cleaning machine?

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.