Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a LG Dryer that will not Fire up and dry but it does

Customer Question

I have a LG Dryer that will not Fire up and dry but it does run and when you turn it on it show a check filter fault I have clean the filter top and bottom it was not bad at all. The dryer is eight years old Model No. DLG3744D Serial No. 803KWHX00177
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Have you checked the ignitor to see if it is glowing or broken?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where I'm I looking to see the glow plug

You would need to remove the top and look down to the right with the lights off to see if you can see anything glow. If not you need to remove the front on the unit and check the lower thermal reset on the burner housing. That often trips causing that issue. It is on the bottom of the burner tube when you have the front off and has a button on it that you can press.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I'm going to pull the top and check that give me a few got two grands here 1& 4

OK no problem

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Didn't see any glow got the top off and the front to

Can you get to the ignitor and see if it is broken?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't want the phone call we can do it with the text, I the glow plug is not working

Ok check it with an ohm meter see it reads an open circuit.