Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My F & P Q fridge is beeping more and more often. It

Customer Question

My F & P Q fridge is beeping more and more often. It stops when I push the temperature button. But , starting to go off at least once a day! The machine is about 10 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You likely have the start of a temperature issue, most often times caused by a defrost issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot hear a fan in the freezer. There is a very thin layer of frost inside the freezer. Less than 1mm.Cheers
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The lack of a fan running would be an issue and the reason for the beeping. Are you able to access the fan for inspection and see if it may be stuck or otherwise unable to turn?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I cant see how to access the fan without damage. At least nothing obvious to take off to access.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

May I please have your complete model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?