Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What should the gauges be reading when the system is

Customer Question

What should the gauges be reading when the system is properly charged?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

There is a low side to the system and a high side to the system. After the unit has been running for at least 15 minutes for the pressures to even out, the low side should be at 0psi. The high side should be around 130psi. The high side isn't typically checked unless you add enough freon to get to 0psi and something isn't right and it's not cooling. Then the high side is checked to see if you have a restriction which would cause the high side to be really high like 300 psi or something like that.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?