Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My model is BO 480/481 610 and cannot start. According to

Customer Question

My model is BO 480/481 610 and cannot start. According to your manual after the Gaggenau logo after 30 seconds a ' FIRST SETTINGS" MENU APPEARS. IT DOES NOT and cannot set anything.
Also if a set it to O "Off position" Does it turn off the oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Using page 29 of the manual as a reference, can you enter the settings menu manually to set the control?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No It does not work
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I assume this oven is new, is that correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is brand] new oven
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If you cannot get into the factory settings manually, the electronic control is faulty. Of course, it is under warranty, so there will be no charge for the repair. You may contact Gaggenau at ***-***-**** to schedule service.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My only question is, how to shot off the heat. Is the system off, if I set it on off?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Yes, if you set the control to 0 it should not heat.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You can turn the breaker off until you get it repaired if you are worried.