Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Admiral clothes dryer mod: AED4475TQ1, thermal fuse blows,

Customer Question

Admiral clothes dryer mod: AED4475TQ1, thermal fuse blows, ducting clear, replaced control thermostat, still blows thermal fuse. Heating element "runs" when motor is off, and timer is not in off position (is on any of the heated cycles). Checked heating element for short to frame...not the problem. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The heating element has to be shorted because it has to be picking up a neutral to heat or the motor centrifugal switch's contacts for the heater are welded closed. If you measure voltage to the element when it is not running, what do you read?