Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Glass stove top stopped working. All burners. Is this a

Customer Question

my Glass stove top stopped working. All burners. Is this a fuse problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The number you have listed is a manufacture number not the model number. Can you send me the model number by chance so I can better assist you and see what can cause this issue? It should be located on a sticker below the stove top.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Perfect, thank you. OK so this model has no fuse, but it also has no control board or lockout or anything like that which would stop all of the burners. That means your cooktop is only getting 220 volts from your house. Try flipping the circuit breaker off and back on. Somewhere between the cooktop and your breaker the power is being lost. You may need an electrician to track it down but I'd check the junction box where the power cord connects to your house since that's the most common area.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?