Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We bought the Maxima XL about one year ago. The washer is

Customer Question

We bought the Maxima XL about one year ago. The washer is washing the first time but will not rense after the wash!!
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When the washer is filled before the wash cycle starts, the SUD code appears. i punch the rewash button & the SUD code disappears. Then i push the start button & all the machine does is pump the water out!!
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, we have run a washer cleaner through the machine & we have also washed a load without soap & the same problem exists!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Often that is either a pressure sensor issue, a control issue or a pump issue. If the Suds appears right away and then goes out but does not rinse and Suds appears again in the cycle I would say you may have a partially blocked drain pump. There is a pump filter on the unit behind the lower front panel on it. You should take that off then unscrew the large round pump filter cap and check the filter to see if it is blocked. Here is a video to help you CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.