Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

WHirlpool dryer is showing code F23

Customer Question

WHirlpool dryer is showing code F23
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. So to start let me explain your error code. This error means there is a heater temperature failure. You dryer isn't detecting that the heat is turning on which could be for a number of reasons but usually means that the heating element has gone bad or the vent is clogged or the dryer isn't getting 220 volts. Make sure the dryer is getting 220 volts, disconnect the vent, and if the issue continues then you know there is an issue with your heating element system. If you have a model number I can look up the element for your model. The model should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?