Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

E2/f2 error code on whirlpool dishwasher : whirlpool gold

Customer Question

e2/f2 error code on whirlpool dishwasher
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: whirlpool gold dishwasher (model WDT720PADM2) shows e2/f2 error code and I am trying to find out what that means
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Nope, just what the code means and what part to replace
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good evening! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. First, let me explain what this error code means. It means that the main control board isn't detecting the correct signal from the user interface (UI). You're going to need to open the door, flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner going down vertically. Split the door apart and make sure the wire connections between the front interface and the main control board are secure. If that all checks good, then replace the UI. Below is a link to the part if you need it.

CLICK HERE for UI

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?