Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My LG model LFX28977SW is not making ice - and freezer seems

Customer Question

My LG model LFX28977SW is not making ice - and freezer seems like it is not working. Refrigerator is working.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: All materials in Freezer are melting/thawing. Ice not generated.It seems I am not feeling air flow
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: This is what I have
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

If the freezer is thawing it will not make ice for sure, you need to see if the compressor is running and see if the freezer fan is working. It may be frosted up behind the rear freezer panel and causing issue. Let me know what you find.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!