Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I moved a three year old 25 cu ft whirlpool gold to the

Customer Question

i moved a three year old 25 cu ft whirlpool gold to the garage yesterday. when i plug it in it hums for about 1 second and then a slight pop and it does not start cooling. lights work but nothing else. in fact when i push any buttons on the panel i get an alarm.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you by chance? The model should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section. Also, are you saying no fans or motor or anything run after the first second?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nothing runs
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

OK so if nothing is running, unfortunately the main control board on the back of the refrigerator is just bad. You have already tried to unplug the unit to reset the issue and that didn't work so below is a link to the control board on the back of the refrigerator you'd need to order and replace and unfortunately it's about $290.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.