Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a GE induction oven a year and a half. It just

Customer Question

we have a GE induction oven for about a year and a half. It just started to smell as if we were cleaning it for the 1st time as we cook. Any ideas? Is it safe?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

It should be safe, but I would run the unit through a self clean because it should burn off any sort of residue that is causing an odor. After that, if there was a problem it would have showed up in self cleaning since it pushes the limits of the oven. If it passes the self clean then it should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.