Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ice maker is not working and water is running out without

Customer Question

Ice maker is not working and water is running out without stopping even though the lever to stop the ice machine is up. Freezer and refrigerator are working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

If water keeps running out into the icemaker and overflowing the icemaker, it means that your electronic water valve isn't sealing up on your refrigerator anymore and will need to be replaced. The part number for the water valve is(###) ###-####and this is the valve which can be located above the entire unit by the compressor or below the entire unit depending on where the water line from your house connects to the refrigerator. This valve will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.