Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My 2006 Frigidaire washing is making a buzzing noise while

Customer Question

my 2006 Frigidaire washing is making a buzzing noise while running washer. I installed new door lock assembly
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Also light inside washer remains on even if not washing. I have to unplug for light to go off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no that is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

When you replaced the lock assembly, did you install an OEM one or an aftermarket one?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
after market. Not sure of model number. I am at work today but it is a 2006 front loader
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

There have been a lot of issues with the aftermarket door lock assemblies. I suspect you will need to replace it. I would highly suggest going OEM, link below. Contrary o what the retailers of aftermarket parts tell you, there is a difference.

CLICK HERE