Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My ice maker on GE Refrigerator is making noise like the

Customer Question

my ice maker on GE Refrigerator is making noise like the motor is stuck i9n a running position and I can' shut it off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Try to heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer in case there is just ice blocking the icemaker from cycling properly. Other than that if the icemaker won't shut off, you need to remove the screws just above the icemaker going into the wall that mount the icemaker. Then unplug the icemaker and remove it because it needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.