Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Ge adora refridgerator botton ice maker is not working : I

Customer Question

ge adora refridgerator botton ice maker is not working
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have an ge adora with French doors and an ice maker in the door and a lower one in the freezer. The upper one is working fine. The lower one will work once after I reset it, but then it freezes up. I have done this multiple times.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

When it freezes up, is it literally getting too much ice built up and freezing the ejector fingers or does it just stop?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The ice maker bucket is completely empty. It will just cycle one time and then stops. There is some ice build up that gets in the bottom of the bucket.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Does it drop the cubes from the one cycle, though? And does the ice maker refill but then not drop until reset again?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

How is the temperature in the freezer, below 10* F?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is set to 0
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

If it will drop a set of cubes and fill but only when reset and the temperature is good, the ice maker is faulty and will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!