Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I tried pushing the crushed and cubed ice icons to get the

Customer Question

I tried pushing the crushed and cubed ice icons to get the ice off button to disappear but it doesn't work
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I changed the water filter and somehow this triggered turning off the ice dispenser on the door - the icon shows ice off - I want to turn it back on
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No - thanks for your help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you by chance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Perfect, one second while I look up your Samsung refrigerator please.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like you're doing it correctly for this model, you should just need to press and hold the CRUSHED and CUBED ice buttons for 5 seconds to remove the ice off light. If that isn't working, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. And if that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the interface control board because it has just failed I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for interface control

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay - thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

not a problem and I hope you have a great holiday weekend. I'm sorry about the bad news today.