Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool dryer that a couple of rats made their

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool dryer that a couple of rats made their way into the duct. They died where the duct is attatched to the dryer. Now I can't get rid of the odor inside of the dryer. The technichion who came out said it might take a long time for the odor to go way. I ran the dryer a lot to see if the odor would die off, but it didn't. He suggested a couple of buckets of water to set in the room to absorb the odor. I tried this. It's not working. The dryer was purchased in March. The tech. said it might be tough to get a replacement,because it was caused by rats. What else do you think could help. ThankYou, Karin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So this will be definitely hard to remove, but what I'd do is soak a towel in Fabreeze. Then run the dryer with the wet Fabreeze towel. Just let it run and that should really help remove the odor. Other than that, taking the dryer apart and wiping it down with 10% bleach solution is really the only thing that would give a quick solution to the odor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.